New Years is coming and it makes us think about what our resolutions and goals will be in our next year. Here are some helpful hints to make your new year’s resolution or goal stick.
- A resolution feels more compelling if it is big. This is the end goal of the year that will help you focus on the steps toward it.
- Big goals should be broken down into reasonable chunks of time and achievement. Reducing your weight by 4 pounds in January is a lot more achievable than keeping your focus for 40 pounds in a year.
- Write your goal down and commit to it. Writing out your goal makes it more present in your mind than just thinking about it. Make yourself a little “contract” to show your commitment.
- Your goal needs to be measurable so you can mark your progress. If you want to earn more money this year you have to track your income to see if you are doing better. Always add these measurements into your smaller step goals toward the big dream.
- Celebrate every step. If you lose a pound have a celebration with a short dance party.
- Give thanks for what you do achieve. We are not perfect and we don’t always meet lofty expectations. Fitting in 200 words of writing when your goal was a 1000 words a day because things were hectic is better than nothing. Give thanks for what you could do. Tomorrow may be better.
- Don’t add too much at once. Saying this year I am going to work out, drink more water, and change my diet all at once may have you throwing your hands up in two weeks. Pick one new habit and get good at it before adding another.
- To stay motivated! Focus on what you want to go toward rather than what you want to get rid of. For example imagining what it would be like to be slim and trim rather than thinking about the excess fat you want to get rid of.
- Understand the reasons things have not changed until now. What reward do you get from this habit not changing? How can you make your change more attractive than the old way? Knowing this you can make the mental shifts needed.
- Don’t go it alone. Join a group that is working on the same thing, get a buddy to do it with you, or seek some help with your goal from a coach or hypnotist. Having someone to encourage you, support you, be accountable to and to help you through the tough times can be really helpful.
- Get your mind on your side by using some hypnosis or self hypnosis.
Awakening the Dream Seer Within$200.00